Friday, August 17, 2012

All about Luke and Kate

Met: September 13, 2011

Where we met: BYU-Idaho in our Science class. Kate sat next to Luke, struck up a conversation, and the rest is history.

Got Engaged: February 12, 2012

Engagement story: Luke had always known it was on my bucket list to smash a penny on train tracks, so one day after church he took me on a drive near his work and told me there were train tracks nearby!
So of course I was excited! (seeing how I had been bothering him to do this the entire time we had dated) When we got there he kept complaining about how many cars were nearby and that we had to wait. So FINALLY we walked towards the tracks and started putting down the pennies. Luke then got my attention by saying something along the lines of "Hey, there's a ring down here." I was totally confused and thought that there was just some random ring lying on train tracks. Turns out Luke had left the $15 target ring on the tracks the night before. (He wanted to surprise me with the proposal so got a proxy ring before we picked out the real one together.) He got down on one me, said he loved me and asked me to be his wife. I know I was smiling so bad that my face hurt. He made me so happy and I loved him more than anything else possible.

Married: June 23, 2012 Denver Colorado Temple 10am.

As of Aug 22, 2012 we are moving back to Rexburg Idaho and I can't wait for this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment